Friday, July 20, 2012

Leaps and Bounds

So, before I posted about my baby steps with eating pasta and rice. Well, I've been even more relaxed with my eating lately, which is something I couldn't have done even a month ago. I have come leaps and bounds from the girl who was once afraid to eat anything if she didn't know the calories in it.
On Sunday, I wanted a peach after my pre-planned lunch, so I ate it. My mom cut up watermelon for dinner, and I picked at the bowl the entire time I was making my pre-planned meal. I didn't try to justify the reason as "it's fruit, so it's okay." I ate what I wanted, when I wanted it, and everything was okay.
On Wednesday, I decided to finally try the chocolate bar I got back in P.A. It wasn't in my meal plan; I just really wanted it. Oh my gosh, it was delicious! Not only that, but my sister made butterbeer cupcakes (a la Harry Potter). I usually shy away from what my sister makes because it's always filled with cups of sugar and sticks of butter. I decided what the hell! Why not try one? They sounded good, and they were! I still have no idea how many calories or grams of sugar were in that cupcake, but does it really matter? It was good, I don't always indulge like that, and right now, the more calories, the better!
Yesterday, on another trip to Wal-Mart, I saw those Nestle Girl Scout candy bars from the commercials. I've been curious about if they actually taste like the Girl Scout cookies. I can tell you that Peanut Butter Creme one does! It was so good I inhaled it within seconds of getting in the car! I ignored the 13 grams of sugar, the partially hydrogenated and hydrogenated oils (aka trans fat), and just ate the freakin' candy like it was my job.
I am so proud of how far I have come. It never really feels like I'm changing--progressing--until I look at things like this, and realize that I couldn't do things like it before. I am finally getting better, and I'm not going to let anything get in my way.

Also, I have cut back on using the scale. I am now weighing myself only on Wednesday and Friday mornings. This morning I was at 91 (I'm 5'3")!!! Only 9 more pounds to go :D

No comments:

Post a Comment