Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Chocolate Cheesecake Spread

First of all, I apologize for the last post. It was posted out of frustration and guilt. While I am ashamed and embarrassed by the post, it will not be deleted because I believe that would be a denial of my feelings. As for the restricting I mentioned, I snacked on carrots all day and ended the day with a binge (I know, surprise surprise).

Anyway, on to something more tasty. I like to get creative in the kitchen, and I usually just throw some things together for my meal plan and hope it works out (thankfully, it usually does). Before I consumed the large-ish amount of sweets, part of my breakfast was a frozen waffle. For a topping, I was really only thinking of what needs to be eaten before we leave on Thursday. I need to get rid of the cream cheese, so I decided on a tablespoon of that. I want to finish the jar of chocolate peanut butter (coming home to an almost empty jar would be such a disappointment), so I added a tablespoon. I was a bit worried they wouldn't taste good together; but I mixed them together, spread it on the waffle, took a bite, and couldn't believe my taste buds! It tasted just like chocolate cheesecake! It was so good, I had it on toast this morning, and I'm having it again tomorrow for breakfast.

Chocolate Cheesecake Spread
(double for two slices of bread)
  • 1 tbsp whipped cream cheese
  • 1 tbsp PB&Co Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter
Mix and spread! You could probably use regular cream cheese, but then it wouldn't have the texture of cheesecake.

Packing tomorrow, and then a long car ride Thursday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment