Thursday, August 2, 2012

Annapolis Adventures and Love

I can't believe it's taken me a week to write about my Saturday. I keep thinking that I'm going to type up a post, but tumblr always sucks me in. Yeah, unfortunetly I'm one of those tumblr addicts...

Anyway. Saturday. The family and I went up to Annapolis with plans to see Ice Age 3 in a not sucky theater and take a trip to a Whole Foods (my favorite store!). My dad said we were going to leave at 10 (which turned into 10:30), but (as I'm always thinking about my next meal) I had to ask what we were going to do for lunch. We already had plans to have Whole Foods' hot bar for dinner, and we have never eaten out twice in one day. He looked so confused and was all "ummm...I hadn't thought about that." In the end, we decided to just eat at the mall where the theater was, and I took a giant leap out of my comfort zone. I ate sushi. Vegetarian, wanna-be vegan, me ate SUSHI! A california roll and half a spicy tuna roll to be exact. So, not only did I eat raw fish, I also ate a fear food: rice. AND on top of that, I had absolutely no idea of the cals, and I frankly didn't care. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and the box of raisenettes I ate while watching Ice Age 3. That's right, I munched through the entire box of delicious milk chocolate coated raisins - weird ingredients, sugar, and all. Calories? What are calories? All I cared about was having a good time :)
When the movie was over, my dad asked if there was anything else we wanted to do before heading over to Whole Foods. Well, we were at a mall and so far three pairs of my shorts have decided they aren't going to fit anymore... I mentioned this and off we went in search of shorts! Sears was a bust, but at Forever21 I got a super-cute dress, two pairs of shorts with some growing room, a thin sweater for when it gets cooler, and a pin-stripe blazer (I've always wanted one!).
At Whole Foods, I didn't get any anxiety even though I ate terribly beforehand. When it came time to get dinner, I piled up half my carton with lettuce, buckwheat, and wheatberries, and then I filled the other half with random, calorie-filled foods. And I ate it all! No guilt, no thoughts of purging.
After my shower on Saturday, the snack-monster hit me hard. I wanted something to eat, but wasn't sure if I was hungry. I went back to the kitchen for something to eat a few times; it felt like the more I ate, the hungrier I was. Despite the extra food on top of an indulgent day, I didn't have any guilt, and I didn't want to purge.

Monday at a bit after midnight, S texted me. We had just said good night, so I wasn't expecting another text. He asked when we were going to start saying, "I love you." My reply was when both of us mean it so much it's hard not to say it. Then I asked him if thought he loved me. He replied, "I think I do yea." So I asked him if he meant it "so much that it's hard not to say it? That it feels like your heart melts when you think of me? That you smile at even the simplest text just because it's from me? That you're willing to put up with all my problems? That the thought of losing me makes you want to shove your face into a gallon of ice cream?" "Yes to all." He hadn't said it though because he was worried I'd get "cold feet." My reply to that was simply, "I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment