Sunday, July 15, 2012

Recovery Jar

Yesterday, after dinner, my family and I went out for fro yo. My dad suggested it while we were eating dinner. Now, before I would have said, "Hell no!" But yesterday, even though I was stuffed from dinner, I said yes. I had to prove to them and to myself that even though fro yo would not fit into my cals, I would eat it anyway and all would be fine.
I was a bit apprehensive on the way there; I just wanted to get there and get it over with. When we did finally arrive, I over-filled my bowl and poured on the chocolatey toppings. I ate it all and I felt terrible afterwards. I beat myself up all the way home, and then called the shower in case I wanted to purge. I haven't tried purging in months. I've wanted to, but I have always been able to stop myself. Last night, I got this stupid idea in my head to see if I still "had it in me." I did; my body knew just what to do. Thankfully, I was able to stop after getting only a bit up. I wanted to keep going, though. It felt so right...but I know that it's wrong.
Today, I filled a mason jar with index cards that I cut in half. I wrote inspirational quotes and random things like "You are stronger than your ED." Next time I want to purge or restrict or beat myself up about food/my body, I'm going to pull out a card and use it to help me think twice.
My attempt at being crafty
(Those little speckles are glitter)

If anyone wants me to, I can put up a list of things I wrote on the cards :)

No comments:

Post a Comment