Sunday, September 23, 2012

Challenge Accepted

After I made my list of food challenges, I decided I wasn't going to waste any time. I went out and bought a box of Fruity Pebbles. For me, this is a big deal. I haven't touched anything with that much sugar, artifical coloring, and BHA in a loooooooonnngggg time. I'm thinking the last time I had Fruity Pebbles was elementary school....

Anyway, I bought the box, and I thought, "This isn't going to be that hard! It's just cereal!" It wasn't that easy, though. I sprinkled about a half cup of the neon flakes onto a bowl of oatmeal (a safe food). Then, I just stared at it. You want me to put that in my mouth and swallow it? You're crazy! I hesitantly picked up a little yellow flake and put it in my mouth. Okay, I'm still alive. Let's just get the rest of the bowl over with!

I ate it, and surprisingly, I felt fine afterwards. No guilt. No disgust. Just fine. I ate it again this morning with a half cup of Kashi Puffs, and, while it was still difficult, I was able to eat the whole bowl. Now, let's just see if I can finish the box within the week!

I'm off to the fair with a friend. Deep-fried candy bar, here I come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment