Sunday, June 17, 2012

The 'G' Word*

Guilt. Guilt. And more guilt.
I know it's stupid. I know it's probably irrational. I know other people would be able to move on with their day like nothing was out of the ordinary.
I'm not other people. I hate that I can't think like other people. No matter how hard I try, I always have disordered thoughts. Sure, it's not always strong. Sure, most of the time I can squash the thoughts like they're a puny ant. But, they're still there--the thoughts still creep in.
My dad came home from Japan last night, and he brought some Japanese candy for the rest of us to try. I had two purple sweet potato stick tarts, a banana stick tart, and an almond candy. After I already ate breakfast. I can't find calorie counts for any of it. I don't know how much sugar was in anything. Now, I'm worried I'll eat too many calories today. I already ate too many yesterday (I was unnaturally hungry last night).
I want to restrict. I know it's a giant step back, but one day won't hurt, right?
Don't answer that. I already know the answer, but what the hell. I'm restricting today!
(besides, I'm pretty sure I'll still be able to get enough calories)

No comments:

Post a Comment