Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Few Faves

This week has been pretty much blah. Aside from a melt down on Sunday that almost got me sent home early (I wish I had taken that oppurtunity!), there's been a lot of nothing going on. So, I thought I would post about some things that I'm loving right now :)
In no particular order:

1. Chocolate Good 'n Natural bars
While the cranberry almond is good, and the peanut butter is okay, the chocolate is out of this world! The other day at Sam's Club, I got a major chocolate craving. When I went to get Larabars, I saw the box of Good 'n Natural bars; and I thought the chocolate one might just kill my craving, and it would be healthier than a chocolate bar. What's so awesome about it:
  • I can pronounce all the ingredients
  • 10g of protein per bar (for all the flavors)
  • Only 9g of sugar (I think that's really good for 230 cals)
  • Not too sweet
  • The perfect amount of chocolate flavor
  • Kills a chocolate craving
2. Peanut Butter Strawberry Luna Fiber bar
I bought these on a whim at Target before we left for our trip. I love the regular Luna bars, so I figured why not? I haven't tried the other two flavors, but I hope to soon!
  • While the ingredient list is long, it's still not too funky
  • Mostly organic ingredients
  • 7g of fiber per bar
  • Only 120 calories
  • Like eating a chewy peanut butter cookie
  • Slight hint of strawberry (imo they should take the strawberry out; it's barely there)
  • Good as a dessert
3. PB&Co The Heat is On Peanut Butter
My mom found this and thought I would like it because I love the other PB&Co peanut butters that I've tried (okay, except the white chocolate--that one's just okay) and I LOVE anything spicy.
  • Unique
  • Super spicy
  • Nice background peanutty taste
  • Great on a sandwich (with Tofurky, spinach, and just a bit of mustard=yuuuuummm)
  • Even better on a veggie burger
  • It's funny if you give it to your mom and watch her freak out because she didn't think it would be that hot ;)

Workouts
Monday: I don't remember XD
Tuesday: Summer Shape-Up Workout 3 x2 (which gave me achy arms on Wednesday)
Wednesday: 35 minutes of power yoga (first time I have ever sweated doing yoga) and the Bedtime Ab Burner
Thursday: Ran .90 of a mile in 9 something minutes (I thought the road I took was longer...oh well) and did a bit of jump roping
Friday: Nothing, I was feeling lazy :)
Saturday: Shot some hoops with my cousins and ran around with the kids


My graduation party today was pretty fun. I mostly hung around with the kids, as per usual (no I'm not a creepy pedophile, I just get along better with them than boring adults). I ended up eating two cupcakes (not at the same time) despite firmly stating beforehand that I wasn't going to even touch them. I had a bit of guilt after I finished each one, but I'm proud to say I was able to brush it off and say whatever. A treat every now and then never hurt anybody :)

No comments:

Post a Comment